IN ORDER TO MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF LIFE SCIENCE INFORMATICS PUBLICATIONS TO AUTHERS, USER AND THE RJLBPCS, THE FOLLOWING RJLBPCS COPYRIGHT POLICIES SHALL BE APPLIED THROUGHOUT THE RJLBPCS:
1. RJLBPCS shall serve and protect the interests of its authors and their employers.
2. All technical, educational and professional publications of the RJLBPCS, except newsletters, but including Society and Technical Council Newsletters, are required to be copyrighted by the RJLBPCS.
3. Copyright shall be held by the RJLBPCS and not any of its organizational units.
4. The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Office is responsible for the administration of all RJLBPCS copyright matters under these policies and the procedures which shall be specified in the RJLBPCS Publishing Group Magazine. This includes obtaining the copyright registration, handling reprint and republication requests, maintaining copyright records, and administering fees when appropriate. The Intellectual Property Rights Office may, at its discretion, delegate some or all of its copyright implementation responsibilities to other RJLBPCS departments if they have significant publishing activity, subject to procedures approved by a member of the RJLBPCS staff, as designated by the Managing Editor.
5. Third-Party Rights to Reuse RJLBPCS Copyrighted Material. Licenses and permissions to use RJLBPCS copyrighted material (abstracts, full original article etc.) for commercial or other non- RJLBPCS related purposes may be granted under terms approved by the RJLBPCS Publication group and Editorial Advisory Board.
6. Fees for the reuse of RJLBPCS material are appropriate for contributing to the cost of original publication, especially where the reuse involves the republication of material, or any commercial uses.
7. Prior to publication by the RJLBPCS, all authors or their employers shall transfer to the RJLBPCS in writing any copyright they hold for their individual articles. Such transfer shall be a necessary requirement for publication, except for material in the public domain or which is reprinted with permission from a copyrighted publication.
8. In return for the transfer of authors’ rights, the RJLBPCS shall grant authors and their employers’ permission to make copies and otherwise reuse the material under terms approved by the RJLBPCS Editorial Advisory Board which shall be specified in the RJLBPCS Magazine.
9. After RJLBPCS accepts the work for publication and the copyright has been transferred, changes or revisions to the work shall not be made without further review and approval.
10. For jointly sponsored conferences, which might require special copyright arrangements, those arrangements shall be made in accordance with the procedures which shall be specified in the RJLBPCS Magazine.
11. Copyrighting Electronic Information shall follow the electronic information dissemination procedures, which shall be specified in the RJLBPCS Magazine.
12. The RJLBPCS Magazine or its authorized designee shall consider the allowance of any exceptions to these Copyright policies.
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences